I’m not a huge superhero fan, I tend to prefer heroes who are (somewhat) bound by the real world yet manage to prevail.
However, I think if I have to choose one it’s going to be Ozymandias as of the Watchman movie fame (I haven’t read the comics, although from what I understand, the character is pretty similar in both).
There’s a number of reasons for this selection, mostly about the fact I can relate or admire him:
- Self-made business man – duh, I run a company
- Smartest man alive – my ego agrees :-P
- Conflicted between superhero and supervillain, in the end destroys entire cities at the cost of millions of lives BUT knowing it will save billions and haunt him forever
- Good at selecting hot ladies to hang around him (I mean, check out his cute PA)
- Eye for design & theming – he has purple, I have amber :-)
If you haven’t seen the Watchmen movie, you should, it’s a masterpiece of cinematic brilliance, I loved it.