I haven’t been particular good at keeping up with my aim of a post a day since the end of the 30 days of me challenge, part of the problem is I need to plan in advance what I’m going to write, otherwise it’ll never get done.
The other issue is that the next couple of weeks are hectic as I prepare to transition to my new job – November will (hopefully) be a much saner month.
So I’m proposing a new challenge, which I’m going to call 30 days of geek… for every day in November, I’m going to post something geeky and computer related. Maybe this will help balance out all the introspective stuff from the 30 days of me challenge that people had to suffer. ;-)
If you feel like joining me, please do! Post a comment to this article with your blog URL so others can find it easily and use the hashtag #30daysofgeek on social networks.
- Day 01 – Why do you consider yourself a geek?
- Day 02 – Preferred programming language?
- Day 03 – What does your day job involve?
- Day 04 – Greatest application written to date.
- Day 05 – Quick nifty hacks you’re proud of
- Day 06 – Primary geek fuel (snacks/drinks)
- Day 07 – Preferred smartphone platform. And which do you use?
- Day 08 – Preferred method of communication with humans
- Day 09 – What OS/distribution do you run?
- Day 10 – Picture, screenshot and specifications of your primary computer.
- Day 11 – Favourite hacking environment – music, light, seating, etc
- Day 12 – What area do you want to expand your skills into?
- Day 13 – How did you become such a geek? Career? Personal interest?
- Day 14 – Favourite computer conference?
- Day 15 – Earliest geek experience
- Day 16 – First computer you’ve ever owned & your favourite ever.
- Day 17 – Post a useful HOWTO to solve a challenge you’ve come across recently.
- Day 18 – Most cringe-worthy geek moment
- Day 19 – Most hated computing environment.
- Day 20 – Where do you stand on Internet Censorship?
- Day 21 – Favourite thing & worst things about working in IT?
- Day 22 – Release some software under an open source license that you haven’t released before.
- Day 23 – Post a review of an application that you use.
- Day 24 – How do you feel about Open Source vs Proprietary software?
- Day 25 – Microsoft – friend, foe or other?
- Day 26 – Apple – friend, foe or other?
- Day 27 – Fix a bug in some open source software and commit the patch
- Day 28 – How many computers lying about the house?
- Day 29 – Looking back (at geek life), would you have done anything differently?
- Day 30 – Where do you see technology advancing in the next 20 years – and where will you fit in?
So that’s 30 days of geek, which I’ll be starting on the 1st of November, join in, it should be fun :-)