At the request of @splatdevil, I’ve headed up to Hastings for the weekend to be with her during a difficult personal time.
I always like an excuse for a roadtrip, the Wellington to Hastings drive is pretty nice and isn’t too long at only 4 hours.
Interesting statistics from the trip:
- $30~ fuel consumption in Toyota Starlet 1.3l petrol car
- 800ml coke consumed.
- 1 chip in wind screen. Going to be a hassle to go and have that fixed now :-(
- 2 wrong turns.
- 1 fuel stop.
- 0 toilet/snack stops.
- >9000 angry swear words at traffic queues whilst trying to depart Wellington on a Friday afternoon.
- 6 uses of the over taking lane
- 4 sets of roadworks.
- 1 police car on traffic duties.
- 3 ambulances, only 1 active.